Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Shadows Over Baker Street

I've been reading an anthology that was recently published in trade paperback. Shadows Over Baker Street contains short stories in which the worlds of Sherlock Holmes and the Cthulhu Mythos overlap. I'm about a third of the way into it, and so far Neil Gaiman's 'A Study in Emerald' is probably the best of the lot. I'm afraid I'm not as familar with the Sherlock Holmes stories as I should be, but there is one thing about the character of Holmes in 'A Study in Emerald' that I don't agree with.

If you're a fan of Holmes or Lovecraft, you should give this a try.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds suite. Would you mind loaning me your copy when you're done?

Kaiju said...

What am I, a lending library?

OK.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I loaned you my copies of Barely 18...which you never returned (butt I got back).