Friday, March 02, 2007

The Oscars

Mark Evanier on a good way to watch the Oscars, plus some ways to spruce up the show.

Mrs. Kaiju and I make it a point to watch all the awards shows in general, but the big one, the Super Bowl of awards shows, is the Oscars. I have a soft spot in my heart for it. Even though it hardly seems that there is much connection to Old Hollywood anymore, it feels for me like the only real way to be a part of the magic of Hollywood for us normal people -- that is, short of hanging out on Hollywood and Vine. You have a much better chance of seeing movie stars at the Oscars, at least.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi!

Yes, the Oscars are glammy, even if they can be a bit (yawn) dry at times. I love to see the clothes and the trends. I would rather view it from the comfort of my couch then lurking on the sidelines in LA. I'd only go if I was invited inside.

Love, Mrs.Kaiju
P.S. Did I tell you you are a fantastic writer? You need to start publishing more! You rock!