- Get agreement from the group (vote?) concerning character danger/death
- Character background as ~3 Hooks
- Request for “what the player considers a good role-playing experience”
- Request for “what the player wants for his/her character”
- Request for “what sorts of events and encounters the player wants in the game”.
- Request for “what sorts of events the player doesn't want to see.”
- Have two or three scenarios prepared before each session. Tell players that they can go anywhere, but if they go too far on a tangent, then ask for time to prepare.
- Create 10-20 cool set pieces or locations that come immediately to mind in the campaign world.
- For the beginning of the game:
- Have the players point to a spot on a map to begin.
- Have the players decide how they want to begin.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Brainstorming a list of game management ideas
The following are the total contents of a Word file titled "General Game Ideas" from my RPG folder. The file is dated New Year's Eve, 2006. I think I just started free-typing and this was the result: