Tuesday, March 14, 2006

100 Films -- The End...?

I discussed this with Mrs. Kaiju this weekend, and I decided that it would be best to stop the 100 Films project right now. I have plenty of other things that I should be working on right now and making time to watch movies isn't one of them. Things were different when I planned to do this months ago and I didn't expect to be where I am at the moment.

In the final tally, I saw 48 films in 63 days. The only one missing from the list I posted last Monday is the final film, Bottle Rocket (Buck Mulligan should be happy to hear that).

I can't really complain. I had the chance to see 48 classic movies that I might not have made the time to see otherwise. I'm just disappointed because I started something (again) that I was not able to finish.

I'd like to thank those people who have put in their comments on this site for their support. I hope you have found my scribblings interesting or at least amusing.

This isn't the end of the blog. I started writing these entries before this project, and I'll continue when I can. I have many other topics I would like to write about. I would also like to comment further about some of the films I watched but didn't go into depth about. Also, I am sure that I will watch the movies that I didn't get to yet, on a more relaxed schedule, and make some comments about them here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad...or is it?

So what are your thoughts on Bottlerocket?

Anonymous said...

It was an admirable attempt...but as you know, I always thought you tried to go a film too far.

Have you seen Dawn of the Dead (remake) yet?

Steeeeeeeeeeeeeeb!