Thursday, January 19, 2012

Music from my D&D years

A special Thursday edition of Favorite Music Friday: embedded below are videos for a few songs I remember on the radio or on MTV while playing Dungeons & Dragons -- or reading the rulebooks, or flipping though issues of Dragon -- during my high school years. I distinctly remember hearing the last song in this list on the radio during the first (and so far only) time I played the AD&D Battlesystem mass combat rules.











Ratt - Round and Round (this one can't be embedded) http://youtu.be/0u8teXR8VE4


6 comments:

OS Gamer Dad said...

I remember all those tunes. It was a good decade for popular music and gaming, imho.

Trey said...

Ah yes, I remember those songs from my my prime (or perhaps a little after) AD&D years myself.

rainswept said...

Solid!

Victor Von Dave said...

I remember a guy in my class who learned to play that opening keyboard riff from Final Countdown on his Casio - I thought that was the height of cool, but then again this was the same era I was obsessed with putting safety pins on my clothes :)

Undeadhost said...

I remember those songs, as well. I don't think we gamed with any of them on in the background, though. All of the songs my early groups listened to were classical or soundtracks that were only classical in orientation.

Kaiju said...

@Derek: I associate classical music with gaming mostly because of what was playing on the radio at The Griffon.